Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training, Exam and Certification
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training will provide you with the skills necessary to work on projects that can transform a business. Our course not only covers Lean and Six Sigma techniques but includes additional change management elements that are imperative to ensuring your improvements stick. Following the CSSC accredited training you will receive a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate which is accredited and recognised worldwide.
The Lean Six Sigma method provides a structured, strategic approach to problem-solving which means issues are halted and do not return. This enables businesses to reduce costs, increase quality and improve efficiency with limited capital expense.
Green Belt is the first Lean Six Sigma qualification that gives you the skills you need to tackle projects first-hand. You’ll be equipped with the tools and knowledge you need to run small, department-level projects independently, and to assist the Black Belt on larger, more complex problems within your place of work. If you are unable to run a project for any reason, we can provide case studies.
You do not need any experience of Lean Six Sigma in order to take this course.
Online Green Belt Training
Our market leading online course is the best option for those seeking flexibility. Online training allows you to learn at your own pace and spend as long as you need on challenging topics before moving on. As the course comes with email support from a dedicated Master Black Belt, you can be sure there will always be someone to talk to if you need help. To ensure your continued success as a Green Belt, the course also comes with unrivalled lifetime support.
You can complete the course on a desktop or tablet, as it is fully optimised. But there are also plenty of downloadable materials and exercises to complete offline if you need some time away from the screen.
You’ll need to submit a completed project in order to certify.
Classroom Green Belt Training
Our Green Belt classroom training course is different from others on the market because it’s delivered through a combination of online study, classroom sessions and individual coaching. This blended approach is not only more enjoyable and rewarding, but has been shown to deliver the best outcomes.
Your training will include some online pre-work, five days in the classroom and then further self-led study to reinforce what you’ve learned. At the end of the week, you will feel confident and ready to make a start on your project.
To help you complete the project, and certify, you’ll get six month’s access to the online training materials and support with your dedicated Master Black Belt.
Taking a classroom Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training course gives you the skills and confidence to begin making improvements as soon as you get back to work. We also include change management topics that are essential to making your improvements stick!
This level of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training is often considered a requirement for many mid and senior management level roles. Certified and experienced Green Belts are sought after due to their skills and ability.
Successful Lean Six Sigma Green Belts combine technical ability with the interpersonal skills required to influence, inform and drive change. The training covers the DMAIC-based framework and also helps provide the necessary soft skills to make you genuinely effective in the role.
You can choose to study for your Green Belt in one of three ways: Online at your own pace, in the classroom or we can come to you to deliver in-house. The duration of your course will depend on how you choose to study.
- Introduction to eLearning with 100% Effective
- Overview of Lean and Six Sigma
- Skills of an effective Green Belt
- Roles and structures
- DMAIC roadmap
- Identifying a Lean Six Sigma project
- Setting up your project
- Overview of Define
- Project charter
- Key tools for defining a problem, including Is/Is Not and In/Out Scope
- Writing SMART goals
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Voice of the Customer
- Risk Management
- Team Selection and Launch
- Project Planning and calculating benefits
- Gate Reviews
- Overview of Measure
- Introduction to Statistics
- Visualising data, including: Scatter Plots, Pareto Charts, Pie Charts and Time Series Plots
- Process Mapping
- Cycle Time and Critical to Customer
- Data Collection
- Measurement Sytem Analysis – standard
- Control Charts
- Process Capability
- Implementing Quick Wins
- Overview of Analyse
- Identifying potential root causes
- Statistical Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing using Minitab
- Analysis of Variance
- Two Sample T-Test
- Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation and Regression
- Overview of Improve
- Generating Solutions
- Brainstorming, Brainwriting, Affinity Diagrams
- Prioritising Solutions
- Solution Selection Matrix
- Designing Detailed Solutions, including; 5S, Visual Management, Mistake Proofing and Process Balancing
- Validating your Solution
- Planning for Implementation
- Validating Benefits
- Overview of Control
- Standardisation and Training
- The Control Plan
- Confirming Improvements
- Closing Out
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Change Management
Your Green Belt training will also have a huge positive impact on your employer: Our research found that the average Green Belt will earn the company at least five times the cost of training in the first project they complete.
Following completion of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Course you will be able to:
- Improve processes using DMAIC, Lean (waste removal) and Six Sigma (variation removal)
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles, tools and techniques and explain the concepts to others
- Understand the structures, roles and processes to challenge norms and transform businesses
- Apply and understand the voice of the customer in all areas of business
- Collect and analyse data appropriately, ensuring you make correct decisions
- Use data to identify the root causes of problems
- Independently manage department-specific problems, and work as part of a team to fix complex, multi-functional challenges
- Solve a business problem by running a project that will enable you to certify
You’ll receive 80 internationally-recognised CPD points upon completion of the Green Belt training.
We follow the industry best practice certification process. It ensures you have understood Lean Six Sigma at Green Belt level, and have successfully completed at least one project that illustrates your understanding and shows tangible positive results.
Who should attend?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training is appropriate for a wide range of positions including managers, team leaders and anyone involved in problem solving as part of their day-to-day role. At this level you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of Lean Six Sigma and should be able to confidently run your own small projects.
Join thousands of successful students who have trained and certified with 100% Effective Ltd. Underpinned by our values of quality, innovation and support, our Six Sigma Green Belt training consistently achieves an average customer rating of five out of five stars and has been externally approved by international Lean Six Sigma organisations.
We have a guide for selecting the right course here, but if you’d prefer to speak to someone call us on 0800 066 3749 or use our live chat function.