Lean Six Sigma Training, exams, certification and support
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is designed to provide an understanding of how Business Improvement leads to increased efficiency, reduced costs, improved quality and higher satisfaction for both customers and employees. The training is an introduction to Lean Six Sigma and is ideal for those new to the approach or thinking of using it in their place of work.
Yellow Belt training teaches you the methods, so you can take an active role in business improvements. This training course provides an overview of the basic aspects to illustrate what it is, why it is used and how it transforms organisations.
Included with all online and classroom courses:
Lifetime tutor support
Lean Six Sigma Online Yellow Belt access for 1 month
Full curriculum for IASSC, CSSC, ASQ, BQF, ISO 18404
10 CPD points
Multiple choice exam with free retakes
Online Yellow Belt Course Overview
By training online, you will benefit from learning at your own pace without the need to take time out of the office. With our exceptional support, a Master Black Belt is only an email away, so you don’t need to worry about going it alone. Our online Yellow Belt course is optimised for both desktops and tablets. You’ll have access to the course for 1 month, so you can revisit your training at any time.
Our eLearning was developed by our international Master Black Belts and includes:
- Interactive eLearning
- Professional British voice overs
- Games & Videos
- Downloadable content and templates
- Knowledge checks, quizzes and exams
- Progress tracking towards completion and certification
Classroom Yellow Belt Course overview
Our classroom training is blended, which means we use a broad range of teaching methods to ensure you get the best learning outcomes. Unlike traditional classroom training, our courses involve active participation, one-to-one coaching and self-led online study so they fit every learning style.
The blended approach in this Yellow Belt classroom course is proven to be a more effective way of learning and provides a faster return on investment than traditional methods. After two days in the classroom, you’ll learn all the skills you need to feel confident joining Lean Six Sigma projects and improvements.
Classroom training is run in London, Manchester, York, Milton Keynes and throughout the country. Price includes Lunch, course books and held at professional training centres.
Virtual Classroom Yellow Belt Course overview
We understand that not everyone can attend a face-to-face classroom course, due to time, geographic or financial reasons, but you don’t need to either. The newly designed Virtual Yellow Belt course, combines the perfect blend of the flexibility of an online course and the experience of classroom learning, through live expert led sessions, virtual collaboration and breakout rooms.
This Virtual Classroom course allows you to learn anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection and a device to view it on. Our dedicated Master Black Belts teach the same materials covered in our face-to-face courses, so you’ll get the same great experience and learning you’d expect from us. The course is designed so you won’t be alone either, as the virtual courses are open to delegates worldwide, allowing participants to engage and work together during tasks.
The course is run over 2 days, with a start time of 9am GMT until 5pm GMT.
1 month access
2 day course
2 day course
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training is beneficial to you and to your employer. You’ll gain the skills to participate in improvement efforts that can have huge financial and cultural benefits. Your employer will reap the rewards of those improvements.
Individuals with Lean Six Sigma training are in high demand due to the positive impact they have on the organisations they work for.
Following completion of the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Course, you will be able to:
- Explain Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC and essential problem solving to others
- Solve problems permanently using the DMAIC approach
- Apply essential problem solving tools
- Understand the importance of data and how to collect it effectively
- Solve simple projects using Lean Six Sigma principles
- Assist Green and Black Belts when they are running a Lean Six Sigma project
You’ll get 10 internationally recognised CPD points by taking our accredited Yellow Belt course.
On this course you will learn about Lean and Six Sigma and the benefits of structured business improvement. You’ll also come to know the roles, responsibilities and structure of Lean Six Sigma. The training follows the DMAIC framework and includes an overview of each of the phases, as well as the key tools used in each. DMAIC stands for Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control.
- Introduction to eLearning with 100% Effective
- Overview of Lean and Six Sigma
- Skills of an effective Green Belt
- Roles and structures
- DMAIC roadmap
- Identifying a Lean Six Sigma project
- Setting up your project
- Overview of Define
- Project charter
- Key tools for defining a problem, including Is/Is Not and In/Out Scope
- Writing SMART goals
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Voice of the Customer
- Risk Management
- Team Selection and Launch
- Project Planning and calculating benefits
- Gate Reviews
- Overview of Measure
- Introduction to Statistics
- Visualising data, including: Scatter Plots, Pareto Charts, Pie Charts and Time Series Plots
- Process Mapping
- Cycle Time and Critical to Customer
- Data Collection
- Measurement Sytem Analysis – standard
- Control Charts
- Process Capability
- Implementing Quick Wins
- Overview of Analyse
- Identifying potential root causes
- Statistical Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing using Minitab
- Analysis of Variance
- Two Sample T-Test
- Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation and Regression
- Overview of Improve
- Generating Solutions
- Brainstorming, Brainwriting, Affinity Diagrams
- Prioritising Solutions
- Solution Selection Matrix
- Designing Detailed Solutions, including; 5S, Visual Management, Mistake Proofing and Process Balancing
- Validating your Solution
- Planning for Implementation
- Validating Benefits
- Overview of Control
- Standardisation and Training
- The Control Plan
- Confirming Improvements
- Closing Out
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Change Management
Certification and exams
This is a CSSC Accredited Yellow Belt™. 100% Effective certification is included in the price and requires completion of our online exam. Our process:
- End of course exam – understand the theory
- Multiple choice 50 questions
- Unlimited retakes
- Open book covering curriculum for CSSC, IASSC, ASQ
- Pass mark = 70% (our pass rate is 90% first time)
- Validate your certification – all certificates come with a unique number so employers can validate your certificate
- Certification for life! There’s no need to pay to re-certify after a number of years
Our curriculum covers the content required by CSSC, IASSC, ASQ, BQF and adheres to ISO 18404. You will be eligible to apply for CSSC certification by completing our accredited training. CSSC are the largest Lean Six Sigma certification body in the world.