It’s hard to believe that (at the time of writing) it’s been 12 months since the COVID-19 pandemic turned the world upside down. The need to socially distance ourselves to control the spread of the virus has transformed our society as most people are working, learning and playing online.
Our necessary ‘exile’ to the virtual world has set the wheels of change in motion, with many organisations considering how they might move forward with the way they operate, including training.
The Learning Experience
The impact of COVID-19 has affected every individual, team, and function within an organisation, particularly those highly reliant on face-to-face instruction for employee development. A lack of preparation for training delivery other than a traditional classroom setting has left many organisations looking for a quick fix.
L&D officers put a lot of time and effort into creating an effective in-company training program. The migration of existing classroom programs to an all-digital format in a quick turnover is no easy feat! The uninitiated might assume that they can put the relevant training materials in a central online repository and let the learners’ access them for themselves. However, this is doomed to fail!
Let’s break down the traditional classroom learning experience into its prominent features:
- An instructor who delivers new information, facilitates discussion, answers questions, and provides structure and context for the learning.
- A focal point, such as a whiteboard, displaying training materials.
- Other learners with whom you can share ideas, discuss problems and create solutions.
The central theme of these features is real-time interaction. For example, you ask about a concept shown in the presentation and receive immediate feedback from the instructor. The majority of online learning experiences is often not in real-time (except for virtual classroom training) and rely on learners to study independently. Therefore, their design and implementation require additional thought and methods that differ from those used in traditional classroom settings. For example, an L&D officer will need to include a clear structure for learners to follow, more in-depth explanations of key concepts, including alternative explanations such as videos as well as text, plus the facility to ask questions of their trainer or peers. It is a lot of work to take on and turnaround quickly!
What can 100% Effective do to help businesses train?
Every company is different. While it might be tempting to purchase a one-size-fits-all range of eLearning materials for your employees to use, they may turn out to be a waste of time and money. They may not contain the information you need to dispense to your staff, which may lead to non-engagement with the resources at all! The fact is, learning is more engaging and effective when designed to your business’s exact needs!
We at 100% Effective can provide in-company training in any delivery method – virtual, classroom, eLearning, or a blended approach – with a wide range of topics. Our expert curriculum designers and eLearning developers will be with you every step of the way in designing your perfect, high-quality training program.
- The subject.
- The delivery style – eLearning, virtual, classroom or a combination through blended learning.
- The support – one-to-one, coaching, eLearning access.
- Timing – number of days, start and finish times, weekend access, day shift, night shift.
- Routes to certification – projects, examinations, case studies.
- Feedback – reports, discussions with trainers.
- Communication – email, virtual launches, video conferencing.
- A fully realised, bespoke curriculum plan.
- Interactive eLearning modules developed with or without your brand specifications.
- Quality training resources.
- Expert tuition from our trainers.
- Confidentially when discussing project details and business practices.
- Consistency of learning and knowledge for your entire organisation.
- Better return on investment; in-house training tailored to your exact needs will save you money in the long-term!
To find out more about our in-house training services, contact us today to discuss how we can design a bespoke training program to suit your needs.