Lean Six Sigma Training, exams, certification and support
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training gives you the skills you need to solve complex and cross-functional problems in a structured, strategic way to ensure they do not return. Our Black Belt training is unique as it not only covers Lean and Six Sigma techniques, but also includes additional change management skills that are vital to ensuring the continued success of your hard-earned improvements.
At Black Belt level, Lean Six Sigma practitioners are capable of transforming an organisation, facilitating major improvements and overseeing cultural change. Once certified, you will be able to reduce costs, improve quality and enhance efficiency in your place of work. If you are unable to run a project for any reason, we can provide case studies.
Choose the learning option to suit your needs. Obtain not only a Black Belt qualification but a Yellow Belt, Green Belt and Change Management course as well. Learn from Lean Six Sigma experts with full lifetime support. Certify properly, learn effectively and transform your skills with 100% Effective.
Included with all online, classroom and virtual courses:
- Lifetime MBB tutor support
Lean Six Sigma Online Black Belt access for 12 months
Full curriculum for IASSC, CSSC, ASQ, BQF, ISO 18404
170 CPD points
Bonus – Yellow, Green Belt & Change Management courses
Online Black Belt Course Overview
Our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt online course is perfect for those requiring flexibility to learn at a time which suits them. Learn on any device; desktop, laptop, mobile phone or tablet. The course is highly interactive, engaging and award winning so you can learn effectively 24/7. Experience online training which covers the same subjects, exercises and learning as our classroom course.
Experience our eLearning before you buy, don’t purchase online training which will affect your career without seeing and hearing it first. Developed in house by our world renowned MBB’s the course includes:
- Interactive and engaging eLearning which stimulates your learning
- Professional British voice overs
- Simulations, animations, videos and games
- Online study guides including Minitab
- Downloadable content to support your learning
- Knowledge checks, quizzes and exams
- Case studies to take you through DMAIC step by step
- Templates and articles
- Exercises to apply learning
- Progress tracking towards completion and certification
You do not need any experience of Lean Six Sigma to take this course.
Classroom Black Belt Course overview
Our Black Belt classroom training is different, it uses a blended approach so that more time can be spent discussing projects, your problems, analysis your data and working on exercises to apply learning. Some simple theory is covered with online learning giving more time to focus on individuals and ensuring you fully understand the topics.
The classroom Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training combines online pre-course reading and two 5-day classroom courses (10 days in total). The first 5 days provides a Green Belt Certificate and the second 5 days you will be Black Belt trained. Our blended approach provides a significantly better outcome than traditional lecture-style sessions, and provides an enjoyable and engaging learning experience.
Before, during and after your training you will be given support and feedback to help you develop personally, complete Lean Six Sigma projects and certify. Your internationally recognised Master Black Belt will work with you on your Lean Six Sigma project and, once complete, you can then certify as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
Our courses are run regularly throughout the UK including London, Manchester, Milton Keynes and York. Lunch is provided as well as course manuals, and courses are held at professional training venues.
Virtual Classroom Black Belt Course overview
The Virtual Black Belt course is designed to combine the flexibility of online training and the experience of classroom learning, through live expert led sessions, collaborative tools and breakout rooms.
We understand that not everyone can attend a face-to-face classroom course and, with the advancement of technology, you don’t need to either. This Virtual Classroom course allows you to learn anytime, anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. Our Master Black Belts will teach the same materials covered in our face-to-face courses, so you’ll get the same great experience, learning and certification you’d expect. We’ve designed the course, so you won’t be alone either, as the virtual courses are open to delegates worldwide, allowing participants to engage and work together during tasks.
The course is run over 10 days, with a start time of 9am GMT until 5pm GMT.
12 months access
Was £1,860 £995 per user
10 day course
10 day course
Individuals that are certified as Lean Six Sigma Black Belts are in high demand. A certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt can expect an average salary of £78,000, and the top 10% earn more than £100,000 (figures true of August 2019). Lean Six Sigma Black Belts become an invaluable resource to their companies saving them money, providing leadership and driving change. This gives you job security, advancement and increase job satisfaction. You will also receive 130 internationally-recognised CPD points which prove continual career development.
Following completion of the training course you will be able to:
- Improve a business using DMAIC and Lean Six Sigma across any function
- Apply Lean Six Sigma principles, tools and techniques and explain the concepts to others
- Lead improvement teams to solve complex multi-functional problems
- Understand and implement change in a business
- Apply and understand the Voice of the Customer in all areas of business
- Collect and analyse data correctly to support informed decision making
- Use data to identify the root causes of problems
- Develop and implement solutions, using advanced methodologies, to ensure problems are solved permanently
- Act as a Lean Six Sigma ambassador within any organisation
The benefits to your company are clear, our research has found that the average Black Belt will earn the company a minimum of seven times the cost of training in the first project they complete. Many will deliver much more, and most Black Belts deliver three projects per year – the value quickly stacks up.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training is a requirement for anyone looking to manage teams, take a leadership role, run major projects or solve complex cross functional problems. Though developing change management, project management, soft skills, Lean skills, Six Sigma skills as well as problem solving tools and techniques you will learn and develop into an asset for any company.
Our content covers all of these areas with practical explanations, examples and theory.
- Introduction to eLearning with 100% Effective
- Overview of Lean and Six Sigma
- Skills of an effective Green Belt
- Roles and structures
- DMAIC roadmap
- Identifying a Lean Six Sigma project
- Setting up your project
- Overview of Define
- Project charter
- Key tools for defining a problem, including Is/Is Not and In/Out Scope
- Writing SMART goals
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Voice of the Customer
- Risk Management
- Team Selection and Launch
- Project Planning and calculating benefits
- Gate Reviews
- Overview of Measure
- Introduction to Statistics
- Visualising data, including: Scatter Plots, Pareto Charts, Pie Charts and Time Series Plots
- Process Mapping
- Cycle Time and Critical to Customer
- Data Collection
- Measurement Sytem Analysis – standard
- Control Charts
- Process Capability
- Implementing Quick Wins
- Overview of Analyse
- Identifying potential root causes
- Statistical Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing using Minitab
- Analysis of Variance
- Two Sample T-Test
- Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation and Regression
- Overview of Improve
- Generating Solutions
- Brainstorming, Brainwriting, Affinity Diagrams
- Prioritising Solutions
- Solution Selection Matrix
- Designing Detailed Solutions, including; 5S, Visual Management, Mistake Proofing and Process Balancing
- Validating your Solution
- Planning for Implementation
- Validating Benefits
- Overview of Control
- Standardisation and Training
- The Control Plan
- Confirming Improvements
- Closing Out
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Change Management
Certification and exams
Certification requires you to complete 2 elements. Some training companies will require you just to pass an exam, however when talking to employers your certificate will not be recognised. You must follow this procedure to properly certify:
- End of course exam – understand the theory
- Multiple choice 50 questions
- Unlimited retakes
- Open book covering curriculum for CSSC, IASSC, ASQ
- Pass mark = 70% (our pass rate is 90% first time)
- Complete 2 Projects or case studies to prove application of learning
- Submit a storyboard – template provided
- Reviewed by Master Black Belts
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate issued – 100% pass rate as we support you until you certify
- Don’t have a project to work on? Use one of our comprehensive case studies
- Validate your certification – all certificates come with a unique number so employers can validate your certificate
- Certification for life! There’s no need to pay to re-certify after a number of years
Completing 1 project will provide you with a certified Green Belt certificate.
Our curriculum covers the content required by CSSC, IASSC, ASQ, BQF and adheres to ISO 18404. You will be eligible to apply for CSSC certification by completing our accredited training. CSSC are the largest Lean Six Sigma certification body in the world.