Design for Six Sigma Virtual Classroom Training
Anyone involved in design or development of new products, services or processes knows the difficulties. Lean or Six Sigma Green and Black Belts are required to be experts in not just DMAIC but also Design for Six Sigma. Learn new tools and the perfect roadmap to make a difference in your business.
Introduce new products and services to market using multi-disciplined teams, robust methodologies and concepts. Reduce wasteful expensive projects, which don’t fill the real needs of your customers, with higher quality and more timely designs which provide the customer with what they want.
DFSS training is perfect for engineers, designers, managers and technicians – all those involved in product, process or service design and development.
Included in this course:
Lifetime tutor support
Exercises, games, discussion & group work
Full curriculum for IASSC, CSSC, ASQ, BQF, ISO 18404
- Live Tutor Led
Bonus – Online Change Management courses
Virtual Classroom DFSS Course overview
Our Virtual DFSS course provides a full classroom experience without the hassle and cost of travel. Over 3 days you will work with other students from all over the world to learn, discuss and develop into a Design for Six Sigma professional.
Live tutor led sessions, combined with group work in breakout rooms, discussions and exercises will provide you with a full learning experience.
The course is run over 3 days, with a start time of 9am GMT until 5pm GMT.
3 day course
Following completion of the Design for Six Sigma ( DFSS) training course you will be able to:
- Design new processes, products and services more reliably, effectively, quickly and easily
- Understand the concepts and tools associated with DMADV
- Learn to lead or be a part of a multi discipline Design for Six Sigma ( DFSS) team
- Understand in detail the voice of the customer and how to include this in your product, service and process designs
- Learn how to implement new product, services and processes in vastly reduced times
- Add DFSS to your CV or Resume
This Design for Six Sigma course builds on your existing Lean Six Sigma DMAIC skills and shows you how to adapt them for design projects through the use of the DMADV methodology. It will show how and where your existing DMAIC tools should be used whilst providing training in the DFSS toolset and approach necessary for the design of new products, services and processes.
- What is DFSS?
- Why is DFSS important?
- When to use DFSS?
- Change Management implications
- DFSS Methodologies- DMADV, IDOV and ICOV
- Toll gate checklists
- Project initiation
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) and Critical to Satisfaction (CTS)
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD) & Kano Model
- Functional analysis
- Concept generation
- Decoupling / Uncoupling of design parameters
- Transfer Functions
- Design Score Cards
- Identifying and managing system interfaces
- Axiom / Axiomatic Design
- Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (TRIZ)
- P-Diagram (Parameter Diagram / Process Diagram)
- Design of Experiments / Experimental Design (including an overview of “Robust Design”
- Tolerance Design and an introduction to Monte Carlo Simulation
- Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Reliability testing
- Project closure
Certification and prerequisites
To certify in Design for Six Sigma you will have to pass an online exam consisting of 30 multiple choice questions. Once you pass the exam you will be provided with a certificate in Design for Six Sigma.
Delegates must be at least trained to Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma Green Belt level. Must have access to Minitab and the internet.