THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
We’re looking for a brilliant Copy Editor and Proofreader with a passion for writing inspiring copy for eLearning and the ability to sub-edit with pinpoint accuracy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Copy Editor to become a key part of a growing business that invests in staff and offers great options for future progression.
Based in our central York Office, the role is also commutable from Hull, Leeds and surrounding areas. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will be talented and self-motivated and will be tasked with supporting the eLearning team to produce a variety of high-quality content.
This role is a full-time, six-month contract, with the potential to become permanent.
What your job will look like:
- Sub-editing existing copy from our team to ensure it meets your exacting standards for spelling and grammar.
- Ensuring copy is correctly referenced and resolving any potential issues.
- Working on training materials to ensure copy is clear, easy to read and engaging for the learners.
- Writing and developing scripts, based on materials from subject matter experts, that bring our training to life.
- Responding to internal email requests for copy changes and updates.
- Working alongside the eLearning developers to create market-leading content.
- Proofing proposals and tender bids, as well as other sub-editing requests.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience (preferably in English, journalism or a similar creative field)
- A minimum of one year’s experience writing copy
- An understanding of how to convey complex subjects in a clear and simple manner
- Outstanding spelling and grammar
- Impeccable attention to detail
- The ability to rapidly learn and understand the brand style and guidelines
- Grammar and spelling geek – the more finicky the better!
- A positive attitude and willingness to work on less exciting tasks
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Someone who will work well with our close-knit team
100% Effective offers a competitive salary based on experience, as well as significant opportunities for training and development.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter, explaining why you feel you would suit the role, to email@example.com